Sie sind hier
|Kontakt:||Helmholtz Zentrum München German Research Center for Environmental Health (GmbH) Institute of Biological and Medical Imaging (IBMI)|
Are you passionate about science, enjoy working in an international, fast-paced environment and possess relevant managerial skills that drive change? Are you motivated by the societal impact of science and seek an opportunity to play an instrumental part in the development of emerging technologies for biology and healthcare? Then the Institute of Biological and Medical Imaging (IBMI) at the Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen (HMGU) and the Technical University of Munich (TUM), Germany, is the ideal environment for you!
IBMI is the cornerstone of a rapidly expanding bioengineering ecosystem in the Munich science area; including the Helmholtz Pioneer Campus and the Research Center TranslaTUM, which integrate bioengineering with metabolic disorders and oncology, respectively. IBMI scientists develop next-generation imaging and sensing methods to measure previously inaccessible properties of living systems, hence, catalyzing breakthroughs in biology and medicine. Comprising 11 inter-disciplinary laboratories and scientists from more than 25 countries, IBMI offers state-of-the-art infrastructure for innovative research and a perfect environment to accelerate your career. Our research aims to shift the paradigm of biological discovery and translation to address major health challenges of our time and develop the medical solutions of tomorrow.
Join our team and be part of our rich and dynamic research culture of enquiry and innovation. IBMI researchers come from the top ranks of physics, chemistry, engineering, and biomedicine and our pipeline frequently yields high-impact papers, successful technology spin-offs and commercialization. Our research is regularly featured in major news channels and received broad recognition including several prestigious awards and considerable research funding from national and international sources.
To further professionalize IBMI administration and propel our scientific management to the next level, we now seek a highly qualified and motivated Science Manager (f/m) serving as an Executive Assistant to the Institute Director Prof. Vasilis Ntziachristos.
The successful candidate will work closely with the institute director Prof. Ntziachristos, the executive management and administrative staff of IBMI, and central administrations of HMGU and TUM. S/he will provide comprehensive support to the institute director at the interface of administration and science. The offered position is crucial to free the IBMI scientific leadership from science administrative duties. With an exceptional level of responsibility and focus on efficient managerial processes, the executive assistant works seamlessly with the expert scientists and, hence, serves as token for the future success and societal impact of IBMI.
- Communication expert, with a proactive approach to external/internal communication and PR.
- Organizational mastermind supporting the Institute Director in day-to-day business, incl. administration of schedule, travel and teaching activities and preparation of meetings and information condensation.
- Scientific personal assistant supporting the institute director and IBMI executive management, e.g. by preparing scientific presentations and proofreading of scientific texts, reports and grant applications.
- Strategic thinker supporting IBMI’s long-term research agenda and positioning as a globally competitive center of bioengineering with significant impact to biological discovery and clinical translation.
- University degree in natural sciences, engineering or business studies.
- A Ph.D. title and additional business education/experience is a plus.
- Outstanding leadership skills, work ethics and intrinsic motivation.
- Impeccable judgment and high personal/professional integrity.
- Excellent science development and science management acumen.
- Team player who thrives within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Great networking ability and communication skill.
- Experience rapidly changing and challenging environments.
- Fluent in English & German.
- Strong self-management skills.
- Able to motivate and inspire colleagues.
We offer you the unique chance to make a difference in future healthcare. At IBMI, we strongly believe that outstanding science needs outstanding science management. We therefore recognize the value of experienced science managers. This is your opportunity to advance your career as part of a rapidly expanding vocational field at the intersection of science and administration. IBMI provides a highly international, multi-disciplinary environment with excellent opportunities for professional growth. This is a leadership position at the center of a dynamic, professional and highly motivated team within a stimulating environment. We support career development, continued education and life-long learning.
Situated on the foothills of the Alps, Munich is consistently ranked as one of the most vibrant and enjoyable cities in the world, with an exceptionally quality of life. Greater Munich is also home to several world-class universities and research institutes, creating a truly inspiring intellectual atmosphere.
The successful applicant will initially have a 2-year contract, with the possibility of extension. We offer a competitive salary and benefits depending on work experience and seniority in accordance with the public service wage agreement of the Federal Republic of Germany (TV EntgO Bund EG 12-13). The Helmholtz Zentrum München, as holder of the Bavarian Advancement of Women Prize and of the Total E-Quality Certificate, is striving to increase the overall proportion of women on its staff and, thus, expressly urges qualified women to apply. Preference will be given to disabled candidates with essentially the same qualifications.
We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive online application, preferably in English.
For any questions please contact:
Dr. Andreas Hillmair
tel.: +49 89 3187 2846
Helmholtz Zentrum München
German Research Center for Environmental Health (GmbH)
Institute of Biological and Medical Imaging (IBMI)
Ingolstädter Landstraße 1
85764 Neuherberg, Germany