Sie sind hier
Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences in Kleve and Kamp-Lintfort, Germany, offers an innovative and international academic atmosphere combined with first-rate teaching and over 30 interdisciplinary bachelor’s and master’s degree programmes, the majority of which are taught in English. Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences is committed to excellence in research in engineering, technology, the natural and social sciences, and is home to some 6,000 students hailing from over 100 different nations.
Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences is located in the scenic Lower Rhine between the economic hub of the Rhine-Ruhr metropolis and the Netherlands. Its central European location ensures that both campus locations are easily accessible via three international airports: Amsterdam (Schiphol), Düsseldorf and Weeze.
We are currently inviting applications for the following vacancy in , , to be filled as soon as possible:
Reference number 07/F1/17
(m/f) in Science Communication, German TV-L pay scale E11, fixed-term contract until 31.08.2019, full-time
- Internal and external project communication (nucleus-project.eu)
- Media releases, audio and video production, newsletter and website texts, social media
- Support in project administration, reporting and event management (e.g. public engagement)
- Teaching support in Science Communication (bit.ly/SciComm-DE)
- Management and support with course material and field trips
- Co-supervision of final theses and student projects
- Coordination of our Cross-media Production Lab
- Academic degree, if possible in science communication; otherwise in the field of communication or information science, STS or similar disciplines
- Teaching experience, ideally in Science Communication
- Pertinent work experience, ideally in Science Communication
- Methodological expertise in social science research methods
- Convincing interpersonal and communication skills
- Some experience with international research projects
- English language skills above the average, at least C1 under CEFR, ideally native-speaker
- Basic IT skills (MS Office, Online Learning Platforms, CMS, Social Media
Normally there is an expectation that faculty members will at some point be able to follow meetings and deal with paperwork in German. Our international university therefore encourages its incoming employees from abroad to consider doing at least a basic course in German.
Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences is committed to the professional development and advancement of women. Female candidates are expressly welcomed and encouraged to apply. In accordance with the Gender Equality Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz NRW), in cases of equal suitability, aptitude and professional experience, female candidates shall be given preferential consideration over male candidates for vacancies in areas with proportionally fewer female employees, provided there are no specific, overriding reasons for giving preference to a specific male candidate.
In the event of equal suitability, preferential consideration will also be given to disabled candidates or candidates recognised as such by virtue of Section 2 (3) of the German Code of Social Law, Book IX (SGB IX).
Please submit only copies of your original documents and avoid any elaborate folders etc., as we are unfortunately unable to return applications to their sender. Please do not submit your application online or in electronic form.
Please send your application and all relevant documents in hard copy and postmarked by no later than 29th November 2017 to: Dezernat Personal der Hochschule Rhein-Waal, Marie-Curie-Str. 1, 47533 Kleve, Germany. Please specify the reference number in your application.